FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Bandung Hotel & Towers, Indonesia [Master Thread]
Old Jun 13, 2010, 7:26 am
opushomes

Programs: NW Plat (now they call it DL Diamond) 1MM, soon to be DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Dusit Gold
Was there last night and this morning. No calls to prayer were heard, but I was on the ground floor, not towers, near the pool so at 0600 my wakeup was the obnoxious loud kids screaming in the hallways and in and around the pool.

As a gold, I got a non-SPG room with choice of club sandwich, fruit plate or some other thing as my amenity. Room was nice enought and perfectly fine. Nice enough place, but not nearly on a par with the Hilton where I am presently residing. Great staff ala Conrad Singapore. Modern like Millenium Hilton Bangkok or Hilton KL.

My shared van from near the Le Meridien Jakarta was 70k IDR. Taxi to XTrans office in Jakarta was 11000 IDR and taxi to Sheraton from Xtrans was 24k IDR. Train would have been 60k if it had been running on the schedule quoted by Le Meridien. Silver Bird from JKT-LeMeridien = 173K IDR.

Note blue bird here in Bandung is reliable and they use the meter. Unfortunately the same cannot be said of many other taxis her.