FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 50000 Membership Reward Points for business gold card
Old Jun 10, 2010, 12:48 pm
koctail

Programs: A little bit of miles and points scattered everywhere
Originally Posted by bostenson
Last I applied to an Amex, it was the Premier Rewards Gold promo with 25k MR points. That was in April. They pulled the report from Equifax.

I wish I understood which report(s) the issuers pulled. For us, it seems that they all pull from equifax, at least since we moved to Louisiana. I think they also seemed to pull Equifax more often when we were in Minnesota.

I do believe there's a relationship to location.

Good luck. I'm pondering this myself but sure wish I knew if they'd pull from Equifax. My INQ's are quite high but especially there. I was a little overzealous in shopping my mortgage last fall and the lenders did 2-3 pulls. Try as I might to contest them, I've only gotten rid of one. Equifax is reporting 18 hard pulls at the moment for me. It'll be a long time before that drops significantly. Only 2 will fall off this year for me and not until fall.
yes, you are right there does seem to be a relationship to where u live and what bureau is primarily pulled. how this makes sense i have no clue. one source to find out which bureau is pulled is to go to creditboards.com and look at the credit pulls tab. sometimes that is helpful.