FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Come back BA, all is forgiven
View Single Post
Old Jun 8, 2010, 2:01 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by thegoderic
EDI - AMS
Was cattle class by another name. 3 across seating in what felt like a very claustrophobic business cabin. No newspapers worth reading available (I'm not into the International Herald Tribune). A half decent business class meal, and some drinkable red.

AMS Transfer and Lounge
The security check required you to open your laptop (WHY?)

Lounge was crowded but not too bad, although only choice of one red and one white wine.
So you compare EDI-AMS with EDI-LHR: on EDI-AMS you was in C and on EDI-LHR you would end up in Y with nothing to eat even when paying C. Hmmm - I would still prefer C. Also... I remember from my SkyTeam days that the middle seat in the first row is for some reason blocked on KLM. The next time just choose 1D or 1F and 1E will - in most cases - be left free. Normally, there is only one F/A working in C, so you should not have this Galley FM, BA was always annoying me with (why, why, why BA F/A talk so loudly in the first Galley, sometimes I could hear private stories even when seating in 3A).

There are quite a few airports, where sometimes they want you to open a laptop (WAW, FCO).

Champagne in the AMS Lounge is also a plus - IIRC champagne is only freely available in the Galleries First, so unless you hold an OW Emerald status (your profile only says: BA) flying via AMS has some advantages.