FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Come back BA, all is forgiven
View Single Post
Old Jun 7, 2010, 7:48 pm
GLOBALFLYERCT

Programs: BA Gold/Life. Marriott T/Life, DL Diamond, Hilton Diamond,UA 1K
Following approx 100 transatlantic exclusively with BA since 1999 I have also had to adjust my flying and have had a rather different experience in the last 6 months.

Nov Continental EWR-MAN Club not as good but 1/2 price and direct and status matched to *Gold within 2 hours.
Delta JFK-MAN at Xmas booked due to strike not as good but 1/3 price of MAN-LHR-JFK with BA.
Jan Delta, Flat beds JFK-LHR $2850 very good, booked 3 days ahead.
Feb Old ticket from summer to use up BA at 0820 am LHR-JFK snow in NY caused ATC restriction so they moved me to VS at 0920. First time ever. Lounge great Prefer the flexibility of the BA beds and would not pay the same for VS.
March Indian Airlines JFK-BOM wow, Direct 5 hours quicker, First Class $3650 booked 2 days ahead. Outstanding service. Just dislike no mileage accumulation in the Big 3.Worry a bit about safety but treated like Premier. Love it.
April JFK-MXP Delta OK not cheap or good
Last week Singapore Airlines JFK-FRA Business $2950, Direct, Outstanding Service.

I will retain Gold this year with ex JNB RTW activity 2x DONE4 each year but I have decided not to bother with GUF2 or GGL and instead retain Platinum Delta and actually earn the Platinum *A.

I was a little frustrated with T5 buses but at 45 I am disappointed to say I was resistant to change. So I think the strike opened my eyes and I will not look back.