FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Come back BA, all is forgiven
View Single Post
Old Jun 7, 2010, 9:57 am
Phil the Flyer

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
I couldn't agree more with the OP - it's only when you are forced to fly with an airline other than BA (with a few notable exceptions) that you realise how relatively good they are.

In my own case Mrs PtF and I had to fly bmi CAI-LHR in Economy . To describe it as the pits would be too generous.

I knew we were in for a lousy experience straight after check-in; we got to passport control before realising that bmi's check-in staff had forgotten to give us the necessary departure forms to fill out, necessitating a journey back to the check-in desk.

While some things (lack of leg room, poor meal) come with the territory (flying Economy) I was more than amused to see the in-flight movie started - no AVOD - before the headphones were handed out. A departure delay of two hours didn't do anything to redeem the airline.

As we disembarked at LHR T1 (what a dump compared to T5) I actually thought to myself that maybe BA cabin crew are worth their supposedly high salaries.