FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What's a fair compensation for being bumped off?
Old Jun 4, 2010, 10:51 am
AAerSTL

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by joshwex90
I can tell you right now: LY's bumping policy is legendary. Don't expect anything close to that anywhere else. On CO they will put you on the next flight, and probably give you some Continental Currency (probably one, though you could probably request a couple more) which are each good for one alcoholic drink. In addition, up to $800 of travel credit, good for one year, though it might be less. I've heard them offering as little as $300, but I think that was a domestic flight. would expect in the range of $500 though.

That sounds about right. A friend of mine accepted a bump BOS-IAH early last month and got $300. Aparently the self service kiosk prompted him to volunteer which he did. Of course, he called me while he was at Logan and I advised he ask for a UG in addition but he was unsuccessful in that. But he did get a currency coupon without asking.

Man LY seems to offer very generous bumps. Is it a free r/t from anywhere in the LY system to anywhere in LY system?