FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Great Lakes Airlines Codeshare
View Single Post
Old Jun 3, 2010, 7:46 pm
8C4IOW

Programs: N23344
Originally Posted by BlueHorseShoe2000
Midwest actually (SkyWay) announced MKE-CID back around 2000 or so. The launch of the route was delayed and I'm not 100% sure if it ever launched. If it did, I'm guessing the route was short-lived.

American seems to dominate the CID market.
I didn't even know Midwest existed until I had an interview with them and when I would tell people back home who I worked for they had no idea what airline I was talking about, some still don't. I always wondered how flights would work out of CID with the right marketing telling consumers how connections in & flights from MKE were so much easier than ORD.

A lot of people from the Iowa City/North Liberty/Cedar Rapids area drive to Chicago to catch cheaper non-stop flights. Its only a 4 four drive which is about the same to Milwaukee. I don't think the area can sustain too many non-stop flights but it sure would make a difference if Frontier, with their lower costs could come in and start up some flights. Theres some money to be had there.

AA just dropped their LGA flights from CID a few months ago, that was flown on a E140 or E145. Not that LGA is a good fit from CID but there seems to be few opportunities to be had.