FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Visas for US citizens -- the 2010 changes
Old Jun 2, 2010, 5:25 pm
moondog
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by iahphx
Interesting. If I don't have a REAL business justification (I mean, I'm an investor, so I guess I could claim I'm scouting business opportunities), could a get a multi-year business visa? Same for my wife? I'd like to save the trouble and, obviously, the $130 expense for each visa.
If you're so inclined, you can personalize the following and email it to pretty much any Chinese company for them to print on letterhead, chop, and fax/scan. Once again, I feel compelled to disclaim that I've tried 3 times for 2-year visas this year alone and have a zero percent success rate (did get 120 days per stay, though). The only thing that gives me a glimmer of hope for your case is my last experience at the DC consulate (noted above).

To Whom it May Concern:

It is my pleasure to invite XXX and YYY to visit my company in CITY_NAME in order to pursue investment opportunities. Since IAHPHX_INVESTMENTS is a leader in my field, I'm excited about the contributions it could make towards achieving <something mildly specific here> goals.

Accordingly, I would be most appreciative if you could issue both of them 24-month multiple entry business visas for stays in China of up to 120 days.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or comments.

Regards,

CHINESE GUY