FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Grand Hyatt Washington DC REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old May 31, 2010, 6:46 pm
yaromac

Programs: HH: Diamond, WofH: Globalist, UA: 1k, Longterm member only post when I have something new to ask/say
Not so great... VIP Manager unaware of difference between 1W and G1

Our stay here was not so great. No upgrade of any kind. Took points (1W) for Diamond amenity, and checked G1 bonus was on the account at check-in. At checkout, both were missing, so emailed the hotel (I know, should have just called GP but thought it would be quicker since I received a card at check-out from the "VIP Manager" and had been told 1W and G1 were both there). Then had email exchange with the VIP Manager who told me 1W and G1 were one and the same thing, and I just get one x 1,000 points per stay. Er.... Quoted him Hyatt's T&C's and gave him a URL and he conceded the point. Breakfast in RC average. Still loving the Dulles Hyatt for hypoallergenic rooms and fantastic, friendly, professional service and breakfast (can order off the a la carte as a Diamond member), as well as automatic posting of G2s every time. Still, location of Grand Hyatt is pretty good for hitting up some city stuff, and you can get on street or relatively cheap lot parking ($10) if you look for it at weekends.