FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Grand Hyatt Washington DC REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old May 31, 2010, 4:41 pm
bmw303

Originally Posted by vickskid76
I am here now using 2 of my BWB awards. Checked in on Saturday morning w/ no trouble. Given room 1262 on the Gold Passport floor. Upon returning to my room at 430A, I noticed 2-3 bugs in the bathroom, in the face bowl. I immediately called the front desk and informed them of the problem. I declined moving immediately because of the hour and the hassle. I assumed it was a pretty isolated issue. In the morning, the manager on duty phoned me again offering me another room with the interior courtyard view. I declined again assuming this was a pretty isolated issue. Well, as the morning progressed the insect problem got worse. In addition to the flying bugs, I discovered one smashed in my bed and quite a few around the window ledge. Lauren, the front desk manager, came to my room after giving her a call and offered me the Presidential Suite for my next night. I moved to the Presidential Suite which was pretty nice. She then followed up w/ a note which apologized for the problem, offered an amenity (which I never received) and deposited 18K points into my account. This morning, I walk in the bathroom and to my dismay, there's a spider on the floor near the toilet and one in the jacuzzi tub.
wow...18K points and a presidential suite upgrade...all for a few bugs... Grand Hyatt DC gets customer service ^

Seems like you should send a compliment to Lauren...she went out of her way to make your stay better.