FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - OnePass Plus Card
View Single Post
Old May 31, 2010, 7:30 am
RNE

Originally Posted by Critic
Something about this doesn't add up for me. For one thing, if CO had instructed Chase to rebrand the cards, why wouldn't CO have updated their own promotional materials for the cards?
Nothing in my post states or implies CO "instructed Chase to rebrand the cards."

For another, we don't yet know what the name of the combined program will be.
True. I merely speculated that Chase was renaming it to OnePass Plus (essentially dropping "presidential") to "neutralize" the card somewhat. Indeed, Chase may have advanced knowledge that the combined program will be called OnePass. That I don't know. Or the renaming could be a half step to something else. Again, I don't know. Nevertheless, I maintain this move this early is telling on Chase's part.

...the unification of of FF programs won't happen until sometime in 2011.
This is exactly what my banker at the Chase branch told me when I applied for a Chase checking account. Both programs would be maintained for a while after merger.

For that matter, I haven't heard anything about Chase 'laser-engraving' signatures on their cards.
Then please be so kind as to remember from whom you heard it first.

Originally Posted by 711
Who at Chase did you speak to? Was this all from your banker? Based on your post I just called Presidential Plus customer service and they did not say anything remotely similar to your post. Also I recently received a letter about my card but it didn't refer at all to a "OnePass Plus" card.
Like you, I recently received a letter from Chase in regard to this card, but it didn't mention the renaming either, just new stuff coming. I didn't think much of it until I saw this thread. I called the number on the back of my PP card. Your experience may not have been "remotely similar" because you didn't ask the rep the questions I did. They aren't spokespeople after all. The rep I talked to didn't volunteer a lot of information. I specifically asked about the renaming and why. She told me the card was being renamed because of the merger; she did, however, volunteer the laser signature thing.

I tried to be quite careful in my above post to separate what I was told from what I surmised. I think I did a pretty good job.