FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - London touring plan for morning of arrival
Old May 29, 2010, 8:54 am
mary_228

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Eclipsepearl
For such an early arrival, you might to chance a nap. I would make it no more than 2 hours and set your alarms! Do not sleep past noon and be sure to get your heads on the pillows as soon as possible. Toss out this idea if there is a delay and you arrive after noon.
I did find Melatonin helpful and your children might be old enough to try it too.
Don't fall asleep on any public transport! Pickpockets abound.
Wonderful advice. Regarding the nap idea, I have no reason to think we will be able to check in early to our hotel, although we are certainly stopping there to drop off the luggage. I'll give the early check-in a try. I already spoke to the pediatrician regarding something to help them sleep on the plane (Advil PM) and she suggested the melatonin, taking it a half hour before we want to go to sleep. Is there a reason to take it during the day of our arrival?

I also appreciate the idea of passing on the tours. My son already told me he wouldn't enjoy any major attraction while he's tired. So wise!