FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 20,000 BA Miles for £35!! (Amex Gold relaunch)
Old May 29, 2010, 4:27 am
NewbieRunner
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Blueboys999
Exactly the same thing has happened to me. It's a horrible mess and, frankly, I'm now wishing I'd never applied for this bloody thing.

Is anybody able to confirm whether there is such a thing as a 'Basic Gold Card' in the UK and whether it has the same fee attached? If they'll refund my £95, I'll pay my balance and happily part company with them.
Glad to hear I'm not the only one experiencing this problem. Last night after my unsuccessful attempt to view the points I had earned I was asked if I wanted to answer a few questions on what I thought about the website. I don't usually bother with these questions but I was so incensed I decided to take part.

Can't remember the exact questions but something like: Did I find what I was looking for? "No". What was the purpose of my visit? "To check MR points" How did I rate my experience? "Poor".

Before replying to the message I received via the Secure Message Centre I tried once again if I could see the points I have earned and got this message instead.

We're Sorry..
We're sorry, Online Services have been unable to complete your request.
Please use your browser's back button or try again in a few minutes. If it keeps on happening, please call Customer Service, open 24 hours, 7 days a week.
We're sorry for any trouble this may cause you.
Can someone please remind me how to check the points earned from the "Your Account Summary" screen? I had no problem (though the link was not the easiest to find) checking them earlier, so the only reason why I can't remember what steps to follow must be because the link is no longer there on the screen.

What a mess!