FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated FRA connection time/logistics-Domestic & International
Old May 28, 2010, 1:08 pm
kevinsac
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
Originally Posted by mander
No matter how many times I transit FRA, every so-often I screw up and get disoriented (could have used more sleep!) and make a wrong turn.
This is such a true statement. I have some friends who transited FRA (UA to LH) several years ago. They ended up going thru passport control several times within 5 minutes .... and the last time, the immigrations officer said "Uhhhh....weren't jsut here a few minutes ago?"

For my co-worker, she arrives on UA 944 at 5:45 am on a Saturday morning. She departs on LH 3840 at 7:30 am.

Hasn't UA moved over to Terminal 1? Do they not arrive at the upper gates (A50-A60s)? Does she not just simply need to find the gate info for the connecting flight to Rome, clear immigration, and then go downstairs to the lower A gates (A1-A40s)?

Unless .... they park at a remote terminal, in which case it is more challenging to figure it out!