FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Place Portland Airport/Cascade Station REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old May 26, 2010, 4:22 am

Programs: UA-1K, AA-Gold, H GP-LIfeTime Diamond
Originally Posted by soonerfanatic
I have 12 stays here so far this year. Overall a very good consistent property with excellent staff. The doors crash hard, so if you are light sleeper you may have problems.

Be prepared to call in to GP to have your stays post, so far they are batting a consistent .0000
Glad I am not the only one.....first 11 stays since they opened never post and had to call. My statement under the door always have a H-prefix account number and not the GP number with G-prefix that I recognized. Apparently the H-prefix is another "tracking number" Hyatt for us.....at least this is what they told me. The next 3 stays were posted, but had to call in to change from GP points to miles.....yes, I requested miles during check-in and reconfirm when check-out. I wonder if I need to update my GP profile during UA Elite promotion to fix this. So, I guess my batting average is also at 0.0000

Staff is wonderful. Sure there were some learning curve at first. Phones didn't work and one room had no heat, new towels (not yet washed) so lint is all over when used..... Shelly was shocked when my bodys show her our room key can open A-side of the elevador doors! My boys left a camera at the pool and it was found and brought up to the front desk by their evening shuttle driver. The pool could use some noise absorbing tiles, it gets pretty loud when you have 2 families with kids in it. Shuttle to the airport is set at top of the hour and :30 past the hour. Airport pick-up req'd a call to the hotel. Wait time is less than 5 minutes (9:30pm pick ups). Breakfast is typical HP style, they used to start clearing the food at 9:55am on Sundays, our last stay there were much more relaxed and not rushed. Staff didn't start to clear the food until 10:20. It seems King bed comes with a shower door style shower and 2-Queens has bathtub with curve shower curtain rod.

We usually google and print Pizano pizza coupon for down the street. You have Buffalo Wild Wings next door for late night snack and IHOP is now opened too.