FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Argue with a screener - your name goes on a list
Old May 25, 2010, 11:01 am
SDF_Traveler

Programs: QF Plat - OW EMD | DL Gold / Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by Bart
I don't have a problem with this. There are passengers who resort to physical violence or destruction. While not necessary to be put on a no-fly list, I think TSA should maintain a database for these types of passengers.

As for TSOs who exhibit such behavior, they should be terminated.
Physical violence and destruction is one thing, however, when such events occur it should be turned over to law enforcement. This is something for law enforcement and should be public record, not hidden away in a secret TSA database.

TSO's engaged in such behavior should be fired; if TSA/DHS human resources wants to document employee behavior, that's a-ok.

What about a smart remark or rude comment by a traveler? Last I checked, the First Amendment still applies at the checkpoint - this includes opinion & criticism of individual TSO's, their actions, and the TSA as an agency.

Secret databases like this are ripe for abuse and will be abused; history has shown us this.

The mere fact the TSA had to create "police like" uniforms with badges to boast TSO "confidence" & to deter criticism speaks volumes.