FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Executive contact/complaint at Singapore Air?
Old May 25, 2010, 9:22 am
philipat

Programs: No loyalties, just look for the best deal
But Who is responsible?

Originally Posted by payam81
Nope, depending on where your card was issued and by whom, you could have anywhere between 30 to 90 days to contest the charges.

Card processors (Think: Moneris, Global Payments) themselves have even longer if they feel like a transaction could be fraudulent, even if the cardholder isn't contesting. They regularly audit transactions, I guess in hopes of finding a problem with the merchant's handling and to deny the charge.
I think you are missing the point. As it works, as soon as the CC Company approves a charge, the vendor is guaranteed payment. Therefore:

1. If the flight booked online using a CC has already been taken, then SQ would receive payment and the loss would be absorbed by the card issuer. To be passed along to CC users via higher charges!!
2. If the flight had not yet been taken and a problem identified by the CC Company, then both SQ AND the CC Company would have ample time ahead of the flight to either contact the person booking the flight to advise of a problem and work something out and/or await the person behind the fraudulent charge to check-in and arrest them!!

Again, this policy serves no useful purpose except as an inconvenience to passengers. If an LCC such as AirAsia can accept and approve CC bookings up to 24 hours before departure without needing to inspect the CC at check-in, why can't SQ? If it is a financial issue, I would have thought that AirAsia's margins are under greater pressure than SQ's?

I suspect that this is another typically SQ case of "It's our policy", irrespective of whether or not it actually makes any sense.