FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - St. Regis, Atlanta, GA [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old May 25, 2010, 8:51 am
mrredskin

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
Originally Posted by bankingguy
There is an onsite alternative to valet parking. As you probably already know, valet is $30/night plus tips. On top of that, the bellman then want to take your bags - the tips go on and on. Too expensive for me.

Try this instead. If you're driving south from Lenox towards downtown, go past Paces Ferry (the road the hotel is on). Go to the next road to the right. Turn right and there are two parking decks on the right. The first one services the plaza adjacent to the St. Regis. The second deck is connected to the St. Regis. I park there, take the elevator to the Plaza level and then walk into the hotel. You'll end up on the floor above the lobby. So, you'll need to take elevator down or simply take the stairs. Overnight this option is $15. Factoring in tips, you save a good bit.

I might have already posted this earlier but I also recommend J. Christophers for breakfast. Cost is 1/3 to 1/2 of the St. Regis and I think the food is better. If you know you're going to eat there in the morning, I'd park in their deck (the first one). J. Christophers will validate your parking for two hours. If I remember correctly (disclaimer: I believe I'm properly recalling this- sometimes cities start running together), you can use that to offset the overnight parking. Should save you $5.

Also, Chops is in the same Plaza. Outstanding fried lobster.

great info. plan on using one (maybe only) FWN from this year's promo there during the Dodgers series in Aug.