FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - StarmegaDO 2010 (SMD2) Nov 1-6, 2010 Masterthread
Old May 22, 2010, 12:34 pm
USirritated

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by cova
There are a number of items that need to be addressed and I am sure that our organizers will consider.

Let me just point some things to consider related to PAE.

1. Assume we can check bags. Not enough room in the overheads and this is CO. SMD1 was just a day trip.

2. On arrival at PAE - our bags will need to be stored and I assume stored all the way through the party that evening. I would guess we would need to pick up bags from the charter, then check them at PAE and have them held through the tour and the evening party.

3. I assume we will have bus transportation to our hotel for Sat night - whether we stay in a hotel near Everett or in Seattle. There are no Starwood properties out near Everett. So if we use Starwood it would be the downtown hotels - Sheraton/Westin.

4. If the charter leaves out of PAE at 9am on Sat am - then we need bus transportation back to PAE. One might question whether it is worth it to go all the way to downtown Seattle on Friday night after the party, and then have to come all the way back early on Saturday morning.

5. If the charter has to ferry down to SEA - then downtown Seattle hotels work - since we can take airport bus or taxi to SEA.

6. If you do not take the charter back to IAH - then you can schedule to leave SEA later on Sat or stay over until Sunday. Folks going to FRA leave in the afternoon out of SEA on LH.

Lot's of logistics for the team to work out - but based on past experience - everything will work great.

But lots of things to consider if taking the charter back to IAH - versus separate ticket.
There are LOTS of assumptions there! I don't know about everyone else, but I for one would like to know the answers from the organizers, rather than myriad speculation that might gum up the works!