FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AF Premium Voyager Review
View Single Post
Old May 20, 2010, 3:41 pm
patricepnc

cdg - iad

First time in premium economy in AF. I usually fly BA, either business (good) or world traveller + (less good )

My only benchmark is British World traveller + as for economy premium. I must say, it, without any doubts, is better than BA.

The main difference comes from the "ground" benefits, similar to Business PAX while British does treat you as economy passenger. In short, what you get is boarding priority and dedicated check-in, priority luggages and to my great surprise lounge access in Paris.

On board, experience is more in line with WT+, economy service and fairly similar space and cabin size. The main difference comes from the fact that AF cabin and layout is more modern and that you are not bothered by the reclining seat of the front passenger as AF seats fully integrated, which contributes to give some further privacy. The main cons is seat comfort, not as good as in BA, was quite difficult to find good sleep position and seat are extremly thin. there are somewhat hard, but did manage to rest.

Paid EUR 1000 which i consider fair value and maximum I would paid for eco +, to sum-up, good product, better than BA, but seat comfort could be improved. As for the comparaison with open sky b seats, choice is easy, one side you have an upgraded economy cabin, on the other side a downgrade business cabin, at equivalent price, would without any doubt opt for business