FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Blame Game: CO vs LX - OnePass: I Lose
View Single Post
Old May 20, 2010, 2:58 pm
FragranceMarketingGuy

Programs: UA Gold = nothing, UA Million Miler; Alaska MVP Gold 100K
Due Diligence - Complete

I have my ticket numbers and confirmation in hand (email and print). Seat assignments completed immediately after confirmation.

Didn't matter.

Segments just dropped. Understand things happen, but the unwillingness to take the extra step to help.

Let's look if we can book you on LH via FRA, or, CO to ZRH/GVA and then on the LX connection. Nobody thought out of the box.

Originally Posted by ijgordon
Unfortunately, this happens on other airlines as well. It's just a byproduct of a not-quite-perfect-integration of partner reward tickets and systems.

It really is hard to say who is to blame and thus who's responsible to fix the problem.

What I usually try and do to avoid this situations is make sure I have the ticket numbers for the final ticketed itinerary (that's often the reason for a partner canceling a segment -- they don't receive the ticket number from the issuing airline by some deadline) as well as the confirmation codes for the partner airline flights, if they are different. I then try to make sure the reservation looks OK on the partner airline's website, using either the ticket # (preferable) or confirmation code. I think that's all one can really do. If the partner just decides to cancel a segment, there's not much that can be done, certainly not by the reservation agents and even their supervisors.