FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "Downgraded RA's" -- Please Post the Facts
Old May 20, 2010, 6:42 am
martyYYZ

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by markis10
Has anyone been downgraded because the lack of nights at anniversary date but then been rewarded with RA a few months later because the rolling 12 months nights exceeded the magic number?

I am curious because with an anniversary date of June 30 I am going to be 10 short, but wont be staying at an IC until Sept, but by that time will have had 60+ nights as a rolling average, so I dont seem to be gaining anything by trying to get those 10 before the date and in fact loose the possibility of getting two BOGOs.
A couple of years ago, I received the downgrade letter and then I stayed a few more nights to get over 50 before my RA expiration. RA qualification at that time was based on your activity over the past 365 days. I don't think that things have changed since then so you should be fine, but there are no guarantees. I would call in once you reach 50 nights over 365 days, assuming you've stayed at 3 different ICs