FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Advise please: Where to move [AA, BA?] when I hit Life Gold
Old May 19, 2010, 9:34 pm
DownUnderFlyer
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by ozzie
Do you fly transatlantic much ? No AA miles on BA transatlantic (still).
Actually no miles between the UK and the US. As an AA member you still get miles for TATL flights UK-Canada/Mex etc.

Originally Posted by Aisle Seat H
Cos only prob. with my plan is that in exchange for the benefits we have been discussing here I/we will be giving up Flounge access and F check-in etc ... unless of course QF comp. me/us WP for a few years after the move!
If you hit LTG early in your membership year you still have a lot of WP to go so that might be enough to become EXP on AA.

Problem with that though (if I understand correctly) is that you have to lose the UK BA credit card, and you can't do things like transfer Tesco points etc (as both are 'UK benefits'), so is a loophole with strings attached (wow, what a mixed metaphor ).
Is BA really enforcing that as a non UK member you can't have a UK BA credit card? I have the same situation with other airlines and it works without a problem.

Are AA enforcing this rule yet? If so I guess I'm going to have to fly AA each year if I'm gonna move to them!
No, AA is currently not enforcing the rule.

The only other thing to consider is that BA looks after their Golds quite nicely. Gold I know regularly get upgraded from WT+ to CW just for being Gold.