FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - when fellow pax won't turn off iphone?
View Single Post
Old May 19, 2010, 5:24 am
sweeper20

Programs: Delta Platinum, Delta Million Miler,Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, Delta Sky Club
Originally Posted by Ari
That wasn't the question-- I was responding to this post:

I was simply explaining why that comparison is flawed. Your comparison is more apt. sweeper20's comparison was flawed.
Let me see if I can make it a bit less flawed for you. This really is for my own edification.

Here is how I see the situation based on the following scenerios:

1. You determine that a rule is "silly" so its ok to ignore it. (I think we have derterminded this earlier)

2. I determine a rule is silly, and you agree, therefore its also ok for us both to ignore it. (again, ok from what I have seen in earlier posts)

3. This one is tricky, so follow closely:

I determine a rule is silly, but you determine that said rule is actually quite important and should be followed without at doubt - its still ok for me to ignore it, right? Since we can all make our own determinations as to what is silly what we are willing to follow and what we are not, correct? You would just ignore my actions, since I have in my own mind, determinded that its ok for me to do - and thats really what its all about, us deciding on our own whats 'silly' and what isn't.