FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Garden Inn Milan Malpensa {ITA}
View Single Post
Old May 16, 2010, 10:42 am
more4less

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by hillrider
The internet was qualitatively horrendous and quantitatively the throughput (www.speedtest.net) was terrible and quality (www.pingtest.net) was a solid F. No way of getting any work done except for some asyncronous email, and don't even think of making a Skype call. This was both on the in-room Ethernet (wired) and the wireless.

Furthermore, the wireless was completely incompatible with any smartphone or iPad: you couldn't even read a newspaper online that it would ask you to re-enter the complex username/password. The timeout is set in milliseconds instead of several tens of minutes.

Pretty basic stuff, but certainly crucial to a productive stay. Avoid this property unless you're on a bus tour (I counted four the night I was there). And yes, it's a haul from the airport itself (about 20 minutes).
+1

I have now stayed 4/5 times at this property and everytime the internet has driven me mad. When I complain in reception, they say that I am the 1st one to complain(they cannot even remember that I have done it in every stay).

Shuttle - from MXP is not very good. I always have had to wait not less than 15/20'.