FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping
Old May 13, 2010, 9:35 pm
Delta2010

Programs: DL Silver Medallion, UA, Chase UR, AMEX MR
Originally Posted by beachmiles
I have visited over 75 different bank branches , and seen over 100 tellers since I started doing this this a year and a half ago. Only one teller, at one branch refused to accept my coins. Just smile and move on.
Well then there was that time the teller called the manager over , to tell me my account was being closed for "unusual activity". I probably had that one coming. My 3 other banking relationships are holding up just fine. But, I don't take my banks for granted any more. I try to mix in some real world banking , with each of my remaining accounts.
Cool Thanks. I will count this as one off incident and will avoid this branch in future. I have accounts with 2 other banks (with multiple branches locally) besides Chase and will give them a try for sometime.

To the earlier poster - Yes, I told her that it was for paying the CC bill but I told her this initially. When she refused to accept the coins, I didnot insist and moved on.