FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping
Old May 13, 2010, 9:08 pm
beachmiles

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
Only one teller...

Originally Posted by Delta2010
Today, for the first time, a local Chase branch refused to accept the coins. I usually deposit only in 100 or 250 coins. Today I took 250 coins to this Chase branch to pay my CC bill. As soon as the cashier saw coins, she was like "Oh $ coins, wait a minute" and went up to get her manager. I knew something is wrong. The manager came after 2-3 minutes with another bank employee and politely told me that they cannot accept coins as they are a small branch and donot have space to store these coins. She instead asked me to go to their head branch in our area. I politely said okay and left from there. This is first time any bank has turned me turn so I am feeling a little embarassed/ guilty.I donot think I will take these coins even to their head branch either. Just got back home and thought of sharing my disappointment with my buddies here.
I have visited over 75 different bank branches , and seen over 100 tellers since I started doing this this a year and a half ago. Only one teller, at one branch refused to accept my coins. Just smile and move on.
Well then there was that time the teller called the manager over , to tell me my account was being closed for "unusual activity". I probably had that one coming. My 3 other banking relationships are holding up just fine. But, I don't take my banks for granted any more. I try to mix in some real world banking , with each of my remaining accounts.