FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Definitive "How To Search for Low Tier Business Awards"
Old May 13, 2010, 4:34 pm
Bikeguy

Programs: HHonors Gold , National Emerald Exec, Hertz Presidents, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by mnredfox
So before you all rant at me for believing the award calendar, apparently the PM agent saw the same low and when tried to book it, found out only after being transferred 2x to two different desks that the "low" is apparently 32.5K and really mid-tier.

Thanks DL for wasting my time. Please fix your dumb calendar and IT...

So, check your flights, and DON'T TRUST THE CALENDAR AT ALL and count on agents seeing low not as low until you get ready to book the ticket.
After 6 hours, I would have asked for a supervisor. I got a stopover for a 35K Hawaii award on NW, because it was still listed on the nwa.com website. The agent said it had been discontinued 2 years before. I said it should have been removed from the website then. The supervisor agreed and manually overrode giving me DTW-HNL-DTW(stopover 3 months)- MCO. It was removed from the website within a week.

If their website says it's available, they should override and give it to you. Don't even know if this is possible with the "new" Delta though.