FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best Food in Manila?
View Single Post
Old May 12, 2010, 11:21 pm
bmttokyo

Programs: Marriott Rewards, Star Alliance, PC Plat Amb, Delta
Awesome Planet Blog

Thought you might be interested in this food blog I just found. I LOVE that the Writer enjoys taking his family out to dinner. His young boys are probably some of the "best fed" kids I've seen.

Makati
1) Circles at Shangrila- Sunday Buffet , loved the variety & freshness of the food.

2) Jeepney Cafe at Intercon Makati - arrived late Christmas eve & had dinner here- would not return

3) Intercon Club Lounge - way quieter than the Jeepney cafe so ate brekkie here instead, decent choices, great service

GreenBelt Area (GB)
1) Via Mare GB3

2) People Palace GB3 - enjoyed their Thai menu

3) National Sports Grill GB3- owned by friends of ours so we;ve had LOTS of chix wings, huge salads, big portions while hubbies & kids watched the game
4) Pepato GB2- High end Italian owned by Fores of Cibo fame. Osso bucco melts in your mouth. Our host is a regular of this restaurant so we were treated to lots of other things not on the menu. Great food.

5)Good Earth GB3- my pleasant surprise. Had the all you can eat lunch for about $US6 which were great samplers of their dishes which they would bring to you as you ordered. Will return for sure !

6) Sentro 1771 GB3 - Filipino food with a twist ! We go there at least once or twice during our trips. Love their Sinigang na Corned Beef (sourness will be adjusted to your liking!)

7) Ebun GB3 - more affordable Filipino fare. We will return. GREAT service. They let us in at closing time & kept them there for 2 more hours. Needless to say, they were very well tipped !!!

8)Museum Cafe GB4- had a delightful Sunday Brunch. Lots of choices- arrived quite late so they were no longer replenishing. Will return though.

9)Classic Confections GB5- choose your poison !

10)Ristorante Pia y Damaso GB5 - Philippine cuisine of Colonial days inspired by a Literary classic Noli Me Tangere. Love their desserts AND their Signature Cucumber/Ginger/Citrus Juice.