FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Miyako Tokyo, Japan [Master Thread]
Old May 12, 2010, 5:54 pm
yeunganson

Programs: Starwood:Lifetime Platinum, Air Canada:Basic, Asiana:Lifetime Diamond Plus, ANA: Basic
an excpetionally wonderful thing happened

I want to offer my praise of this hotel because of a very recent experience. It's worth writing becuase it happens so rarely.

I stayed in this hotel 4 times in the last 2 weeks.

On my last stay, after checking out of your hotel, I was waiting for the Airport bus. When the bus did come, I quickly boarded the bus while the hotel staff loads my luggage into the trunk of the bus. Unknowing to me at that time, I actually left TWO very important hand carry packages at the lobby. As the bus took off with me in it, I completely did not realize my mistake. Luckily, one of the hotel staff did!

The Sharaton hotel staff contacted the staff at the next hotel on the Airport bus scheduled stop (i.e. the Hotel Pacific at Shinakawa). When my bus reached its next stop, the staff at Hotel Pacific Shinakawa boarded my bus and alerted me about the two important hand carry packages I left at my hotel.

Furthermore, the Sharaton hotel staff arranged my two packages to be placed on the next Airport bus. I was able to get back both of my hand carry packages on the next airport bus in perfect condition.

I want to offer my praise to whoever the Bell Desk staff was. He/She went beyond his/her responsibility to help me get my hand carry package.

In my years of travel, most times, hotel staff would just hold the lost luggage in a safe place and maybe mail it to me after I call in. That is at least the expectation of what a proper hotel would do.

In some bad hotels, (one was the Ceasers Palace in Las Vegas!) hotel staff or cleaning crew would just keep the item and deny there was exsistance. I left an envelope of $500 foreign currency (read Canadian dollars) when I checked out in 2005. I can only positively think the cleaning crew may have thought it was tips....

Because the hotel staff had gone beyond their call of duty in this situation, they have won my sincere my gratitude. It is also a well-done to management that trained such customer caring staff. It is these occasions that makes a hotel shine and win loyalty among customers.

I wrote a thank you letter to the management of the hotel and hope that the staff responsible at the Bell Desk will get proper praised. I am just sharing my experience here so you all also know the good things that happened to me in this hotel.