FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Miyako Tokyo, Japan [Master Thread]
Old May 12, 2010, 4:10 am
yeunganson

Programs: Starwood:Lifetime Platinum, Air Canada:Basic, Asiana:Lifetime Diamond Plus, ANA: Basic
the upgrade is a trick :)

Originally Posted by adisneyfan2
Well I am Plat and I just got back from this property. The TV was an old console, so I do not think I was in an upgraded OR renovated room. If it was then they need to redo it.
I just got back from Tokyo too after 2 weeks. I checked into this hotel about 4 times in the course of my two weeks stay. I had real money booking, cash and points and just plane redeem (on the popular golden week day).

If you get the upgraded deluxe room with 1 Queen size (i think) bed, then the TV is a small old console - it's not even the flat screen console neither. The "deluxe room" features bigger bottles of shampoo and body/face cream (than regular rooms) - which I didn't use much anyways.

Now, if you get a non-upgraded room with two single beds, then you get a LCD- Flat pannel TV and DVD player. Your shampoo, bodywash and face cream are the smaller standard Sharaton size.

So after trying those two types of room, I chose the Flat LCD TV and DVD player instead of a bigger bed.

I skipped the free buffet breakfast 50% of the time because I got up too late. I did use the pool twice and the water was warm - quite nice. There is also a Jaccuzzi. Near the changing area there is the typical Japanese very hot tub, Sauna and shower. There is also a message room with very relaxing sofa type soft chairs and big flat screen tv.

I sometime take the free shuttle bus but sometimes just walk to JR Meguro station - 20 min walk. Think of it as excercise.