FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin Crystal City, VA (was Sheraton) [Master Thread]
Old May 11, 2010, 9:41 pm
myperks

Stay Report at the Sheraton Crystal City.
----------------------------------------

Stayed here for two nights last week...

Arrival at the airport
Got to Ronald Reagan National Airport and called the hotel for directions to the shuttle pick-up. Pick-up was quick and swift in hotel van and travel to the airport took less than 5 minutes.

Check-In
Directed by the shuttle driver to the check-in desk where I was greeted and welcomed to the hotel. Once my reservation pulled up, was acknowledged as a platinum member. Was told I was blocked for a Club Level room but the room was not ready. (since i was checking in really early). Was offered a regular room on a lower floor with two doubles. No problem with the wait as I was going into DC to meet friends anyways. Offered choice of amenities without prompting, and got the amenity points.

Bell Desk
Haven't used the bell desk in a while but the bellmen at this hotel is extremely helpful, taking my luggage from me, separating out the laptop bag to put behind the front desk in a secure cabinet area (which begs the question what would happen to my rolling suitcase ). Directed me to the metro stop and walked me out to the curb.

Accommodation
Standard Sheraton fare. The room was not exceptionally decorated but did have the standard Sweet Sleeper, Flat-Screen, Work Desk, Single sofa w/ ottoman, and other stuff. The bathroom seemed extremely small and hard to maneuver around. Shine by Bliss products. The shower had EXTREME water pressure which is something I haven't seen at a hotel of this "age" in a while. There were some ear plugs on the night stand (which I though were candy when I first saw it). Minifridge was also in the room (old one though).

Recreation
There is a fitness room on the 15th with a few up-to-date machines, free weights, and a combo weight machine. A sauna was in the same room but did not use. I don't think there is a pool at this property, or at least I couldn't find it.

Club Lounge
Got access to club lounge on the 15th floor. Not open on Saturday or Sunday. Breakfast included 2 hot items (eggs and breakfast meat), breads, pastries, mixed fruit, cereal, yogurt, etc. Not the best spread but sufficient but does the job. There are two computers with one that has printing capabilities.

Great location for the price. Across the street and a block over to the Metro Station, Crystal City. The metro is also connected to shops, a food court, and mini-Supermarket. There are also rows of restaurants around the area from local eats to Morton's Steakhouse and Legal Seafood. The hotel offers airport shuttle Reagan Airport.

Summary
Overall, a good property outside of metro DC area with easy access to DC with the nearby metro. Great customer service from everyone at the property, and I mean everyone from the front desk, to the bell desk, to the club lounge attendant, oh yeah, the shuttle driver too. Very unexpected from an "airport" hotel.

Will definitely return and the rates are amazing, especially during the weekends. ^