FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Definitive B/E Upgrade Complaint Thread
Old May 11, 2010, 7:07 am
Powers106

Programs: DL 1MM Platinum, UA 1k, HH Silver, BonVoy Platinum
Originally Posted by dean1121
Ditto everything from the OP. I too am DM (260,000 MQM YTD), and have 4 more TPAC and 2 TATL this year and will be doing all on *A. Some more reasons are

1. Rollover gives a flyer like me absolutely no incentive to stay with DL.
2. Why stay when any upgrades are such a hassle and rip off.
3. With potential CO/UA merger hopefully there will be a strong competitor that goes after 300K flyers like myself.
4. I have status match to CO plat and will make sure I stay there by traveling on *A this year so I have options next year.

Delta, I prefer your product but in this current situation you are forcing me to spend 20-30K with your opposition. These are the facts.

Great original post, hopefully it will be read by some people that can make a decision.
Except for point number one since I don't have so many YTD miles this year, I totally agree with this post. Got the CO plat status match and will keep using *A in order to get platinum on both, rather than spending only on Delta. Offers a lot more advantages, worldwide lounges, etc...since it is so hard to get an upgrade anyway without YBM purchases on Delta.

Just to add: I also have noticed I have SkyPriority in my profile, did all DL Platinum get this? (whatever good it does internationally LOL -- nice post by the OP)

Last edited by Powers106; May 11, 2010 at 7:09 am Reason: Just to add: