FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Definitive B/E Upgrade Complaint Thread
Old May 8, 2010, 8:08 am
brad9696

Programs: DL - Diamond Medallion - 2 Million Miler; Marriott Gold Elite, Radisson GOLD. ParknGo loves me
The Definitive B/E Upgrade Complaint Thread

Anyone else seen this ?

I was on DL 247 yesterday (AMS->MSP). Door closing, 6 open seats in BE. I upgraded on SWU's for this one.

2 NRSA's (I assume - crew tags on luggage, hugging, talking with other FA's etc) overheard they were in AMS for 5 days vacation and were returning to MSP - took 2 of the seats.

Of the remaining 4 crew taped (literally) off 2 of them (which were used for about 2 hrs during the flight for crew rest) and the other 2 were used as storage during the flight for various food and beverage prep - and crew "stuff" (bags of immigration forms etc.)

I know that there was at least one DM in coach (met him at gate).

I am sympathetic to the need for DL to maximize revenue (I paid my M fare, used SWU's) but it seems there are much better uses for BE seats than for crew storage. Why not put a DM there ?

Note to DL board members, I have retitled this topic "The Definitive B/E Upgrade Complaint Thread" and any newly created threads on the same issue will be combined into this new master thread. This master thread will cover all issue pertaining to upgrades into the B/E cabin including the use of miles, the use of SWU's, lack of day of departure upgrades and eligible fare class posts that frequently appear on this forum and have created so many dupe threads.
RSSrsvp - Moderator

Last edited by RSSrsvp; May 11, 2010 at 7:29 am