FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - eBay auction: Envelope w/ 500,000 American Airlines Miles
Old Mar 28, 2002, 7:43 pm
rmccamy

Location: MCI. AA Plat, UA PrmEx., Mrrtt Gold, Hz Pres.Circle, HHonors Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Steve M:
I find this hard to believe. Why would he be selling a plain envelope for $6600 with 500,000 free miles inside if he didn't know that the sales of miles was wrong?</font>
Good point...I find it kind of hard to believe, too. I was just trying to give him the benefit of the doubt. The guy is clearly 100% amateur. Some people honestly think that the envelope approach (whether it be full of FF miles, Masters tickets, a kilo of Grade-A marijuana, etc.) is cool, even though they know the "real" transaction isn't. Since we are not exactly dealing with the work of a Mensa candidate here, I was leaving the door open that he thinks he's completely on the up-and-up. Posting a screenprint of your statement, complete with date of last activity and summary date, isn't exactly Super Sneaky. He might as well throw his FF number in there while he's at it.