FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Award Ticket Success - Post It Here
View Single Post
Old May 6, 2010, 6:48 pm
tkey75
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Originally Posted by Quixotic
I have not been observing the FF programs for years, despite the fact that I have been accumulating a significant number of Delta Skymiles. I was used to the awards programs of the past in which I could use say 30,000 miles for a RT coach ticket in the Continental US. Looking now at the Delta reservation side, it appears that you now use miles to offset the posted ticket cost at 10,000 for each $100 of fare. Is that just an another way of using miles in addition to the Award Ticket or is this the only way to use Skymiles now? And if the Award Ticket program is no longer used at Delta, is this the same across the board for other airlines? Yikes! I feel as if I had just woken up from a Rip Van Winkle sleep to discover that a pay phone call costs $10.
Welcome back? (you have 1 post)

You're talking about Pay With Miles - only available to you if you have a DL co-branded AmEx, and the redemption rate is 10k mi=$100 off your ticket.

It is not the only way to redeem. There's still the standard redemption method, but I highly recommend since your return that you do some reading here and at DL.com on how it works (or doesn't work) these days. Rip Van Winkle-itis is an understatement.