FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Would CO/UAL consider LAX-GUM service
View Single Post
Old May 4, 2010, 7:47 pm
KosraeTV

Programs: All My $$$ Went to CO (Plat) with a Lifetime PClub membership that got degraded to United crap...
Originally Posted by pacific832
but I doubt it'll result in a huge influx of off-islanders looking for jobs... hell, there's plenty of unemployed people on-island right now looking for work.
You are joking right? Every flight from Palau, FSM and RMI there are islanders coming in already waiting for this build up, have been going up there, and will continue to go up there. Anyone who can get the airfare is going up there now.

Let alone islanders, you don't think every filipino and their mother's second cousin aunties favorite adopted neighbor is trying to get into Guam right now? What is the population of Filipino or people from filipino heritage up there now? 30% or greater my last report.

Not trying to make offense to anyone, I employ islanders and filipino's. But you have a mad scramble to get into Guam for a few years of work, hopefully citizenship for those that need it, then off to the mainland USA. And I don't blame anyone. If I was living in a squatters camp in Quezon City with training in something I'd do whatever I could to get to Guam or USA or Dubai or other place also. The #1 export from PI is workers. And with the economy in the Pacific Islands I'd get off island also most likely...

But your comment about not having a huge influx of off island workers is totally off base and incorrect.