FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Recent changes to MR definition of "nights" on marriott.com?
Old May 3, 2010, 11:25 am
DillMan

Programs: AA EXP, AAirpass, & CK 2MM, MR Plat Premier, DL Plat, US Plat, UA RECOVERING GS
Recent changes to MR definition of "nights" on marriott.com?

I couldn't find an old thread that would accommodate both of these questions:

1.) Sometime overnight, my MR profile on marriott.com changed to include my lifetime nights total. In the past I've briefly seen messages that said "Thanks for [1,000/2,000] nights of loyalty", but these seemed to come and go on their own. I know my lifetime totals weren't displaying last night as I spent a good amount of time on marriott.com booking this week's hotels and contemplating how many travel packages I'm going to redeem before Marriott and AA part ways. I certainly would have noticed it.

2.) I did notice one change yesterday, however. When I click on "Marriott Rewards" on the top menu bar, the main MR page is now also showing my "Rollover Nights". I can still access my YTD nights by clicking on the "My Account" link.

So this leads me to my question. I'm showing 201 Nights for this year and 49 rollover nights. I understand that the 201 nights are for the renewal of my Platinum Premier status for this year, however, I'm confused by the rollover nights number. Does this mean that there are 49 rollover nights from 2009 included in my 2010 number or does this mean that I'm rolling 49 nights from my 2010 re-qualification in to 2011? Either way, the 49 nights number doesn't seem to make sense.