FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Place Portland Airport/Cascade Station REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old May 3, 2010, 9:16 am
pdx_fam

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, IC, FPC, CO & UA dirt, 1K wannabe
Originally Posted by holtju2
This is a newly built Hyatt Place that opened at the end of last year. It is your typical HP with mostly clueless staff.

It is very convenient to the airport, however. I only use it if I need a quick overnight flying in/out of PDX.

It is located in a shopping area where they have Target/Best Buy/Ikea/Staples and some other stores.
I have been checking in here every Friday night to earn BWB nights. At the front desk, Amanda has been very helpful. I certainly wouldn't call her clueless. Could it that any GP questions haven't been answered well, as that is typical of HP's?

As the OP has stated the hotel is very new, just opening in November. All of the rooms we have been given have been spotless. They have all faced the rear parking lot and not the front towards the road and big box stores. Perhaps they are waiting to use those rooms once the hotel sees more use?

We haven't stayed the night here yet (have to go home and take care of the dogs), so I can't comment on the beds or food. We did enjoy the pool and hot tub one evening. Runway traffic does make a bit of noise behind the hotel, it might affect light sleepers.

Not much available for deals here, best rates are $80-85.