FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hotel Deals Roach Motel - Talk about anything hotel-related here
Old May 1, 2010, 11:16 pm
Yarhead

Programs: WoH Globalist, AA Platinum Pro, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver, Hertz Prez's Circle
Help Choosing a Loyalty Program?

Cool new sticky! I am hoping to find some loyalty program choosing advice, as I have not found too much info yet via searches. While there are many individual loyalty program threads, I may have somewhat of an overarching question:

Basically, my old job had me traveling a lot but not staying in hotels much. My new job will need me to stay in hotels approximately 3-5 days per month. I'm PM on DL through 2/2011 (I mention that only because it might be relevant to getting some status on a hotel loyalty program (I vaguely remember getting a letter or two about this a while back)).

I see the value in staying loyal to an airline and am wondering if it's similar in the hotel world. Basically, the guideline I got so far is that when I travel, I want to find rooms for approximately $100 or less (I realize that's limiting but understand it to be the reality). Also, if possible, I'd like a program that can get me as many free rooms (for personal use) as possible and possibly other perks, like airline miles (doesn't matter what airline). Basically, a solid program with a framework that allows me to often find rooms at $100 or less (Considering that my first trip is to Chicago this Wed-Sun-ish, it's clear that that is a challenge! ).

Any insight is appreciated. If there are great links/threads I should peruse, please let me know (I really know very little at this point)! Thanks for reading