FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Asia based GM - GM card AND Sky Club Card?
Old Apr 30, 2010, 8:24 pm
Tennen

Programs: A3, AA, AC, AS, DL, NH, SQ, SK, UA; BW, CP, HH, IHG, MB
Originally Posted by TJPACIFIC
http://www.delta.com/traveling_check...ions/index.jsp

According to the DL Sky club's rule above. Asia gold medallion alone can not get access to some partner lounges such as AS lounges in LAX, SEA, PDX, ANC, Virgin blue lounges in Australia, etc...

It's good to have a seperate sky club card in hand, because some partner lounges don't recognize the Asia gold benefits. In the past, I was frequently denied access to the Alaska board room when I was connecting on horizon flights. I was tired of explain and tell them to look at the card and check the rule.
I don't know if things have changed since this February post, but it seems as though Asia Gold gets access to more lounge locations than a Sky Club membership. Whether the notation on the GM card of "Access to all Delta Sky Club and Affiliated Partner Lounges" will matter to the lounge agent is a whole different story, though. I'm still confused as to the number of guests one can have, because I can't locate the info for the life of me...

Originally Posted by buaya00
If I just moved to SIN and am flying (as a GM) from SFO-IST, will I be able to access the Skyclub seeing I am technically Asia based now but don't have an updated (Asia based GM but have access to club) card? Or will the system be able to identify it?
I have no idea, but I'm sure someone else can comment. I'd imagine that the system would be able to recognize that you're Asia based, and hence, allow you access. I doubt that your old US-based card will get you in partner lounges though.