FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Carry-on-only FT women- what "luxury" item do you bring?
Old Apr 30, 2010, 6:53 pm
freecia

Carry-on-only FT women- what "luxury" item do you bring?

Just curious as to what "luxury" some of the women FT'ers that travel with one bag carry on that they could do without, but bring it anyhow. Luxury in terms of the weight or space they take up in your luggage, not necessarily in price.

Women specific - while I'm curious what the men bring but could leave out, some men seem to point towards females being "over packers" which got me wondering, what is it that I know I pack but could live without? Let's face it. Many of the FT women are superb one carry-on and optional personal item packers And what would the women point out as something men don't need to pack but do?

I bring 2+ paperback books prior to kindle, now 1+ paperback and kindle. Yes, I tote the books home, too... My 311 bag is also a bit fancy with small bottles of face cream and nice shampoo. A small bit of knitting to keep my hands busy. I could do without these items but don't want to and will toss something else out of my bag first.

Things I've "done without": extra pair of shoes, a round hairbrush and making do with a folding one, makeup, laptop , and living dangerously without chargers for a 2 day trip. Yes, I once sacrificed most beauty aides for knitting supplies and an extra book. Then I bought a slightly bigger bag.

I've seen other people bring hardback books which boggles my mind. One man at SJC had two laptops but he did look like IT.

Last edited by freecia; Apr 30, 2010 at 7:04 pm