FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - (FARE GONE) AC: SFO-PEK RT $533 a/i (was SFO-HKG; Cheapo air; min stay)
Old Apr 30, 2010, 6:15 pm
koroleon

Originally Posted by emcsweeney
Are you sure about that? The SEA-HKG fare has been exactly the same for all the dates I checked, $553.83 (I bought three over the next nine months). Simply click on taxes on the first page to see the total...there is no fuel surcharge??? One call to AC got my OnePass # added and better aisle seats than the ones I was given when I bought them. As has been mentioned several times, books into S + L class for full EQM and RDM with Plat bonus Not really sure what you're talking about...except one thing: it is a great deal!
So it seems The poster before me boasted that he booked an unrelated ticket elsewhere for a lower price. To me that implied a general expectation to find the best possible price at cheapoair for all fares, to which I raised my objections. For example:

SFO-PEK Sep 2-10:
Fly on ANA:
Cheapoair: $867.07 + $337.02 = $1,204.09
Expedia: $1,186.90 (for exactly the same flights)

This was the first search I tried. So cheapoair has a worse deal and on the first page it displays the misleading $867 price and you need to go to the second page to see the final price.

So, in conclusion: SEA-HKG is a great deal and can only be booked on cheapoair. My point was that cheapoair has been disappointing when searching for other fares. That won't prohibit me from booking a good deal on cheapoair when I can find one, it's just that I won't be using it as a primary search engine.