FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 20,000 BA Miles for £35!! (Amex Gold relaunch)
Old Apr 30, 2010, 7:34 am
adam1uk

Originally Posted by weirdfish
I've just made a call about this as I've got the same. They think that my card has been put on the wrong MR scheme, giving weight to my earlier suspicion that it was not enrolled at all at first. The issue has been past over to the rewards team and should be sorted within 3-5 days. Apparently I should get points from qualifying spend backdated, but no breath is being held.

I'm also expecting to have to call in 500quids time too as I have no confidence now that the main bonus will get paid automatically. It should be noted that the customer service has been very helpful so I have every confidence it will get sorted eventually.
They've just told me the same. They say there's some code that needs to go on the account in order to get the double points, and that the back office will do it in 4-5 working days.

Incidentally, it seemed very difficult to get through to a real person. So for the benefit of anyone else who needs to make this call, the direct number of the Membership Rewards department is 01273 863863.