FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Open comments to SkyMilesInsider
View Single Post
Old Apr 29, 2010, 10:53 am
WBurcham

Originally Posted by jbcarioca
I thought before replying to this, because i do understand your position. To imagine that you would personally meet and shake hands with someone who PM's you does solve the problem. You will need to deal with very few people. I have knowingly met in person nobody at all on FT, but I have communicated and done business with numerous people. As a matter of fact I work professionally with numerous people I have never met in person. You must do so also. That you do not choose to accept PM's is in line with many of the more cynical expectations in this forum. Disappointing. Of course you must have identification for those with whom you'd communicate. How could it be otherwise.

A friend who has worked with DL in rejuvenating web services and SM policies assured me that DL was a new and different company now, on track for doing great things. He is quite incorrect if your response is any indication.

Companies with quite serious customer service problems have managed to tackle these issues well and positively, even while huge problems were being resolved. A few posters here have worked with such companies, as have I. We know how hard it is. Telling us you won't deign to deal with us unless you personally meet us is telling us you are 100% uninterested in these issues. Posters who have met you say otherwise.

It's too bad you want to use 20th century contact principles in the 21st century. I apologize for thinking otherwise.

Check out USAA, Barclaycard UK, American Express, Starwood or Amazon if you're at all interested in the subject. They are not uniform or perfect but one can see them trying hard, and that helps greatly. transparency counts in this world, opacity breeds contempt.
*sigh* You really don't get it do you? SMI's job does not allow time for SMI to peruse the forums and reply to every nit-pick thread or deal with the innundation of PM's that would come. SMI is not a Customer Service representative. Period. More of a spokesperson who can get answers.