FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - WARNING: Flightstats.com CAN NOT BE TRUSTED
Old Apr 27, 2010, 10:08 am
kolsky

Programs: Delta DM/MM, Hertz #1/PC, SPG-P, Marriot-G, Hyatt-D
Lets answer all the comments in one fell swoop:
1. The flight left under the original flight number on the same time - I have the boarding pass to prove it.
2. Copenhagen airport's departures and AMS arrivals posted the correct information about the flight.
3. KLM had the correct information. I talked to the Delta rep and she contacted the internal KLM system and verified that the flight, per KLM, with its original flight number and equipment is on time.
4. When a web site (and flightstats was not the only one, TripCase sent me an email telling me the flight was canceled) tells you that a flight that you're supposed to take is CANCELED. How can you ever trust their sources again? Do I need to check EVERYTHING the post now? This was not an airline problem, it was not an airport problem. I also agree that it was not flightstats/tripcase problem. But since these sites post the info - they can not be trusted.

I shudder to think what would have happened was I to take their misinformation at face value!