FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How do I get a receipt for e-ticket purchase
Old Apr 27, 2010, 9:19 am
goalie
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by BillyIdol
I want to buy an economy ticket on United.com and then upgrade (i.e. pay the difference) to a business class ticket.

My company will reimburse me for the cost of the economy ticket, I'm paying for the upgrade myself.

I need a receipt of the cost of the economy ticket.

How can I get this receipt if I buy the ticket on united.com?

In the past, I don't remember getting a receipt when I've purchased tickets on United.com and I think that if I get a receipt at the airport, it would be for the business class ticket cost.

Thanks,
as others have noted, print your e-rectp from the link in "my itineraries" but to show your employer the "true y" recpt, print the e-rcpt as soon as you make the reservation/the reservation is made for you and then apply for the upgrade as once you apply the u/g, the u/g will also show on your e-recpt.

n.b. your profile doesn't say if you have any status with ua but if you do and this is a domestic 3 cabin flight (or has a domestic leg of an international flight), you will be automatically put in for an u/g under the udu program prior to submitting a supported u/g request and the u/g request will show on the original "y" e-recpt

Last edited by goalie; Apr 27, 2010 at 9:25 am Reason: added "n.b." info