FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Stranded by Volcano Meet up and Offers of Assistance Thread!
Old Apr 26, 2010, 12:06 pm
N830MH
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by stimpy
You can take me off the list. I just landed at AMS. NBO was mad this weekend due to a fiber cut. All systems were dog slow. I couldn't do online check in and was still standing in line to check in 30 minutes before departure. But they held up the flight til everyone could board. ^
Oh, no! I don't believe it what happening in NBO. It was too many problems in Kenya. I think it should wait for flight to be resume service. It was trying lots of those people are waiting flying back home in EU, USA, Asia and etc. Do you really think where some passengers will have go through international transit lounge in AMS? How exactly where the bags will have to be automatically through to USA for next flight out instead of going to final destinations cities.

I think the ticket agents should have beef up to be reductions wait time and not wait for more than 20 minutes at ticket counter. Why they aren't getting more ticket agents to need our help for those passengers to get through at ticket counter & bags checked, too.