FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cars at TUS (Tuscon, AZ Airport)
View Single Post
Old Apr 26, 2010, 12:23 am
lil Gophee

Programs: Southwest
Stinks! That's my opinion. I reserved a Full-Size and they tried to pawn off a Chevy Malibu to me. Since there is no aisle, you are forced to accept what they give you.

Told the booth agent that I reserved a Full-Size and the response was, "we consider the Malibu a full-size here.

Showed her my reservation and it said, "Chevy Impala or similar." The response was that the picture on my reservation was only a "suggestion" and specific cars cannot be guaranteed. ...?

I saw a couple of Impalas on the opposite row and asked if I can have any of those. The reply was a blank stare and repeat of "the malibu is considered a full size here."

Then I got loud and aggressive, "told her that she was not going to stick me in a malibu and in my book, that car is a mid-size and she was not going to downgrade me. If she wanted to argue, let's call up corporate, GM, and see what size a Malibu is. The truth was there was an abundance of Malibus and they tried to stick one to me.

I got the Impala. Overall, a great airport to rent cars, easy to get in and out of. They even have a cellphone parking lot where you can wait until the person you are picking up is outside as opposed to circling the airport.