FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on a pmUA 3-Cabin 777 Version 1
Old Apr 25, 2010, 5:48 pm
SFflyer123

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Oh, I won't. I've experienced it on VX and that's the primary reason I won't fly them if I have a choice (and if I have to fly them, I'll sit in the last row).
I flew them because UA did not have a direct flight, and it was Horrible! I don't know why people love VX. It was just awful. Yes, I was in the back of the bus, and yes, I had a 6 year old kid behind me, but my god, what a horrible airline. It is very ghetto. The service was rude, the AVOD was disgusting, smeared with grease and food stains, and--probably the worst part--the clientele that you're surrounded by not very nice. People who fly VX are not like people who fly UA. They seem to think that being on VX is a party and you don't have to respect other people. They're loud, obnoxious and spread their stuff all over the place. They seem to think they're going to Vegas for a bachelor party. Horrible experience, and I will never fly them again if I can avoid it.

Originally Posted by whitearrow
Hate 3-3-3. Will not fly UA on any route where I can choose a carrier with 2-5-2 if I have to fly in Y. Having that window-aisle with your companion on a long-haul flight is priceless. Way more important to me than VOD. It's unbelievable that UA doesn't get that.
Yes, 2 seat in a long haul flight with your comparion is just a delight. It is really not that bad, and you feel great because you're saving all this money in economy.

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
Contrary to the critics above, I think it looks pretty nice for Y.
I thought so. It looked pretty good to me.

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Did you have an eight-year-old behind you spending the whole flight poking the system (and apparently trying to see just how hard he could do it)?
+1. What's worse than an 8 year old kid is the 70 year old grandad. Their fingers are not sensitive and they just push the entire seat into your head. They push really really hard, and they don't just "peck". Your head is bobbing every time he's done with a movie. He's the same guy who leans on your seat, pulls you back, and let's you fling forward when he goes to the bathroom...then he does it again on his way back into his seat.